Freenet 0.7.5 build 1235 and 1236 are now available. Please upgrade to 1236 as
it will be mandatory on Tuesday.
1235 main changes:
- Various client-layer optimisations and bugfixes, Freenet should behave a bit
better with lots of stuff queued.
- Make downloading the seednodes and installers configurable, separately from
the auto-update system.
1236 main changes:
- Various work on ULPRs (the mechanism that ensures that if you request a key,
and the nodes asked find it in the next hour, it will be propagated back to
you). This is mostly important for messaging - Frost, FMS, etc - and hopefully
performance will improve a bit with this build.
- Always propagate data back to the originator node, this improves security as
before we would only accept offered data if one of our peers had it or it was
on our queue, and it should also improve performance for the same reason.
- Propagate SSKs as well as CHKs.
- Per-node failure tables: When a request for a specific key fails, we remember
and try another node next time. We now consider the HTL, so if it failed at HTL
1, we will still route to the first choice node at HTL 2.
- Fix a major bug breaking backwards propagation.