On Sunday 04 October 2009 15.46.20 l...@hushmail.com wrote:
> Hello.
> I am having some problems as a newbie. Hope someone will help me
> out. They may seem clear and simple to others but they are not to
> me. Sorry 'bout that.
>
> Freenet tells me it is trying to connect to my external IP and that
> I can use the Temporary IP Address hint. How?
> What is it I am supposed enter in that window and where do I find
> that information?
>
> Also, it tells me to forward three ports. Again, how does one do
> such a thing? I've never forwarded a port or an email so I need
> help here also.
>
> It also informs me that I am using a node or version, (0.7.0) that
> is horribly old and I should update. I have tried in the
> configurations drop down and it says configurations are
> successfully changed but I don't know if that is in fact the
> correct update. It still tells me each time I go to Freenet that my
> node is very, very old. HELP!
>
> Lastly, how does one go about finding "friends" on Freenet or
> Frost. It says to only connect to "friends" but I don't know anyone
> using Freenet or Frost. I am in a country that blocks many sites. I
> think the most in the world, so any real help would be greatly
> appreciated. It would be so nice to be able to talk with someone
> about different things while learning more about Freenet and Frost
> and how to use them to achieve the best safety and anonymity one
> can.
> Thanks again.

Probably you should install newest Freenet version

Check this site, best use the "HELP" item on top menu:
http://freenetproject.org/download.html

At least also check this archive site, best month by month:
http://archives.freenetproject.org/list/support.en.html

Some of your questions have been asked before - hope this helps you getting
one step further :-)