On Saturday 10 October 2009 22:26:53 Toni Bergman wrote:
> Installing while offline causes store and cache to stay at 0 keys/bytes.

So it starts off at 0 bytes because there are no keys. And when you reconnect,
and have connections, and are able to access freesites, it is still 0 bytes on
the stats page?

> Resizing store fixes it
> 1223 was the last version of freenet that actually worked. But I guess the
> term: if it aint broke dont fix it. Has newer reached that far.
> For example
> Certain someone said (not per word):
> 1) This version of freenet works, we can now try more disruptive changes
> 2) Then that certain someone made those disruptive changes and prevented
> connecting to freenet 1223 with the disruptive changes versions
> Yes I undestand disruptive changes can be tried once you get something
> right.
> No I do not understand preventing the working version from connecting again.

Generally there are 2 reasons for a mandatory:
1) An important security fix, which we want everyone to have as soon as
possible, or
2) An important network behaviour fix, ditto. Because Freenet is an emergent
system, having half of the network behaving in the old way and half of it
behaving in the new way is likely both messy and very problematic.

> Please don't reply to me, just feel bad about whoever's logic.

<insert strawberry emoticon>