Evan and Matthew,

Like I said, I don't have the time to monitor the node that closely. When it's down, I clear the logs if they have gotten out of control, restart the node, and pray that nothing corrupted.

I have turned the log level down to "error" and limited the logs to 8MB to try and control them. But even then I've seen the current log file explode to over 1.5GBytes. Of course the node crashed when disk space ran out.

I've setup the node on special drive partitions. I set it up with 3GBytes extra. That was not enough as I discovered weeks later. I expanded the partition by 3GBytes more, but that was the limit. To go higher I need to move the large partitions around between multiple hard drives. That takes too much time. Maybe some day.

It would be nice if the node would not let the current log file get out of control. Put the limits on all log files, including the wrapper logs (those get quite large too). Then fail out gracefully when disk space runs out. Then when the node restarts, put up a message and interface that lets the user stop a few downloads to free up some space before the node fully starts up. Without this, the node will just fail out again before it gets fully up.

Paul