Thanks for the quick reply, I could find the file NodeStarter, so I
uninstalled and downloaded again - still no joy, and now Freenet doesn't
appear in Applications! It did before. So I've copied the error msg below if
that's any help.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- JNLP File for Freenet -->
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://freenet.googlecode.com/files/"; href="
http://checksums.freenetproject.org/latest/freenet.jnlp";>
<information>
<title>Freenet 0.7.5 installer</title>
<vendor>Freenet Project Inc.</vendor>
<homepage href="http://freenetproject.org/"/>
<description>Freenet Java Reference Implementation</description>
<description kind="short">
Freenet is free software which lets you publish and obtain information on
the Internet without fear of censorship. To achieve this freedom, the
network is entirely decentralized and publishers and consumers of
information are anonymous. Without anonymity there can never be true freedom
of speech, and without decentralization the network will be vulnerable to
attack.
</description>
<icon href="freenet-icon.gif"/>
<icon kind="splash" href="splash.gif"/>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<resources>
<jar href="new_installer_offline_1247.jar" />
<j2se version="1.5.0+" />
</resources>
<application-desc/>
</jnlp>