Matthew Toseland wrote:
As I understand it Chomsky defends his copyright quite vigorously (and earns a
substantial amount of money from his work). Are you absolutely sure you have
the right to distribute that file?

Dear Matthew,

I understand (while not 100% agree with) your reasons behind disallowing people from talking about anything that is copyrighted and is transferred to another person without permission. However, what you have said there is untrue.

In fact you are safe only because Noam Chomsky does not use libel laws to protect oneself, even when it would easily be a winner (such as when he is accused of antisemitism, holocaust denial, etc.) You have already spoken to me about Noam Chosmky and copyright, and i recall quite well that i've told you that he has never used copyright laws to take any individual to court, i have then informed you that there has been a torrent - file sharing site specifically geared to exchanging interviews, books, and other media made by Chomsky. I believe your argument then was that some media company that owns the copyright of his interview or writing may non-the-less take people to court.

The reason why i'm writing this is that this list is public and is easily found in search engines, thus when you say things like that on this list it creates an urgan legend and defames Professor Noam Chomsky. I can already see some zionist article: "Noam Chomsky, the self-proclaimed anarchist, has been terrorising the people by using the laws that he claims to oppose, in fact even the radical Freenet administrators who allow links to child pornography and terrorism are afraid to even allow a mention of the audio files with his name in them (Matthew Toseland, 2010)."

Whether you like it or not, toad; by the public that will not know enough about the way Freenet operates you will be seen as one of the people "in charge", and as such when you say things on public forum about some specific person it can be used to show the "Freenet policy". Please note, i'm not arguing to allow copyright infringement to be advertised on the support lists, far from it; but please do not make statements about individual people's character.

               - Volodya

--
http://freedom.libsyn.com/     Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast

 "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin