I have been running a smal fit-pc with freenet as a kind of Freenet
server for more than a year.

Then my internet service provider provided me with a new Thomson Gateway
Router, so I have broadband internet and ordinary telephony on the same
system, that's to the ordinary telephone jack.

I have noticed that everything has started to go very slow on my desktop
computer - especially i could not use skype.

Then I removed the freenet fit-pc, and now skype works well again.

Any suggestions, possible a set-up I can do on freenet, so freenet does
not disturb my ordinary internet system.