Freenet 0.7.5 build 1268 is now available. Please upgrade! 1267 was pulled at
the last minute, never actually deployed due to the need for more bugfixes.

These two builds make major changes to the client layer, specifically the
"cooldown queue". This is a mechanism which ensures that we only fetch a given
key 3 times every half hour (at least for each separate download for that key).
In the past this structure was, for persistent requests, kept in the database
and constantly updated even if no progress was being made. Hence it (and the
changes to the queued requests due to them being stopped and started etc) was
responsible for most database access, and hence most disk I/O, much database
fragmentation and a significant part of CPU usage. Now the cooldown queue is
kept entirely in memory, which should significantly reduce disk writes and thus
Freenet's impact on overall system performance, and we have simpler queue
structures, which should be more robust i.e. get broken less frequently, so
hopefully this will be significantly more stable in the medium term. Also, IMHO
stalling downloads (especially downloads stalling not at 100%) should be fixed
because the code that was probably involved has been rewritten.

This build does not make any changes to metadata, i.e. inserts will be
unaffected, and at least in theory your downloads should be automatically
migrated.

Please report any bugs you find, to the bug tracker, or on FMS or Freetalk.