If you're running the jar directly, you could just hardcode the path to Java
in front of it. i.e. instead of typing 'java -jar freenet.jar' you could
type something like '~/bin/java -jar freenet.jar'...and you could put that
into a shell script or some kind of shortcut to make it easier. If you're
launching with the shell script (is there a launcher shell script anymore?),
you could just change where it calls java and hardcode your own location as
above. If you're already launching Freenet from a shortcut of some type, try
right-clicking or looking around for some way to edit the command that it's
running and make the changes I've suggested above.

I realize this is all bit vague - I haven't used 0.7 (well, tried it a few
times, always returned to 0.5), and I also don't know what kind of system
you're running, but hopefully that will give you a general idea. If you have
any specific issues or questions about what I've said, I may be able to help
you out further.

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Eric Chadbourne
<eric.chadbou...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 09/07/2010 08:33 PM, Uriel Carrasquilla wrote:
> > I don't have root access to my machine.
> > I installed Sun Java 1.6 in my own user directory.
> > I created a java a soft link in $HOME/bin.
> > But I cannot put $HOME/bin ahead of the other libraries in $PATH.
> > How can I force freenet to use the java version in $HOME/bin?
> >
> > Or if this is not the right approach, what would suggest?
>
> at terminal can you export JAVA_HOME and then type env and see what it
> says?
>
> alternatively can you specify which java version to use when starting
> freenet?  off the top of my head i can't remember how to do this at
> terminal.  i have two versions of java installed and gnome let's me
> select which version to use when i right click on the jar.
>
> hope that helps,
> eric c

Brian Flowers
Co-coordinator and Webmaster, PSU Amnesty International
http://clubs.psu.edu/up/amnesty

President, PSU Students for a Sensible Drug Policy
http://PennStateSSDP.org

Vice President,    PSU Linux Users Group
http://clubs.psu.edu/up/lug

Secretary and Webmaster, PSU Amateur Radio Club
http://www.clubs.psu.edu/up/k3cr/

President and Webmaster, PSU ACLU
http://clubs.psu.edu/up/aclu

Webmaster, PSU College Libertarians