On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:39:49 +0000, Matthew Toseland wrote:
> Freenet 0.7.5 build 1326 is now available. This build changes the new
> packet format so that it always starts with a predictable message ID
> number, which prevents a lot of problems and *may* solve some of the
> remaining excessive resend problems and related issues, once the
> build is widely deployed. There is also a German translation update
> from sweetie. Please upgrade! Thanks.

Still the same problem, more or less. (Perhaps a bit less.) The output
rate, however, is not a problem -- it's quite consistent. The input
rate on the other hand still seems to fluctuate quite a bit (from a
few multiples of my limit, to almost 0), although the session average is
within the set limit. I'm guessing it was chosen to prefer network
performance at the expense of end-user control. I think this is a
mistake. The user's preference should be the #1 priority, and any
packets over the user's set limit should be rejected.