On Tuesday 11 January 2011 14:03:12 mad dog wrote:
> For some reason my node has lost the ability to recognise just about
> any file type other than images, and constantly drops other types of
> downloaded file into a list headed "Failed downloads: unknown type"
> and then the filetype, such as 'application/x-rar-compressed' or
> 'video/mpeg'.
> I don't know exactly when the problem started; I don't *think* it
> coincided with an update, but can't be sure. I'm currently running
> version 0.7.5#1323 on OS X.
> The problem wouldn't be so bad if I could just say, ok nevermind, and
> force the browser to download it anyway, but instead I end up having
> to jump through what sometimes feels like recursive hoops as I try
> various combinations of "Fetch"ing the file, or "restarting the
> download" (maybe disabling the content filter?) or "Downloading" the
> file, or "forcing the browser to open as a text file" and so on and so
> forth... it's complete circular nightmare. Sometimes opening as a text
> file works, sometimes it doesn't... no idea why.
> How can I "tell" my node about these file types?
> Any idea why it lost this ability in the first place?

Just click through the warnings. You should be able to click Download and then
if that fails with a warning, turn off the filter. The file will then be on
disk. If you don't want to save it to disk directly, use Fetch, and then you'll
have to go through the warnings again (open the file as <blah>, read warning
above).