Le 13/02/11 16:15, Daxter a écrit :
On Feb 13, 2011, at 3:03 AM, Dsoslglece wrote:
Hi,
first of all, to start Freenet, you can use Terminal (very simple) :

1) cd[space]and the path to the freenet folder… for exemple, my freenet is on a
sparseimage disc called perso (made with disk utility and PW protected),
so, I type :

cd /Volumes/Perso/Freenet
An easy way to write the correct path is, after having written "cd+space", is
to slide the Freenet folder's icon on terminal, so the path is automatically written.

2) press the "next line key"

3) type : ./run.sh start

4) press the next line key.

Normally, and with the little rabbit icon, it is even more simple:

Of course, here, Freenet runs already, and so, one can only stop it, but when
it is stopped, you have the choice to 'start Freenet'.
That little icon, by the way should automatically go onto that menu bar when
one clicks on it from the application folder (doesn't go in the dock !).
I have installed Freenet on multiple Mac computers, and never was there an icon in the menu bar. I
have always used the Java WebStart installer from the main page, having used it on computers with
operating systems ranging from 10.3 to 10.6. Since that icon has never been available, I have
always used the commands "run.sh start" and "run.sh stop". Is there something
I'm doing wrong?

Note to Fritz:
1.I noticed that Dsoslglece didn't explicitly describe how to shut down Freenet with the same
method he described. From context, simply replace the argument "start" with
"stop".
2. He also didn't explain where/what Terminal is. In case you don't know, it's located in
/Applications/Utilities/ on your hard drive. To put it simply, Terminal lets you run
commands through text, unlike graphical interfaces. So when you "cd" to a
folder, you're telling your computer to only look at files in that folder when running
commands. run.sh is a file in the Freenet folder which contains many pre-written commands
to get Freenet running (and shut it down), so when you tell it to start it starts
Freenet, and the same for shutting down.
3. If you ever want to know more about commands like "cd" that are built into your
computer, type "man [command-name]". Man is short for manual, so as it sounds you'll be
shown the manual to that command.

A little advice still, if you are using normally Firefox, use another browser
for Freenet ONLY, for instance Opera, that is very similar and just as secure.
You can even locate it together with Freenet if you decided to use a protected
disc image… so you can keep bookmarks safe

Sorry, the message came back saying it was to big, so I reduced the pict and
hope it passes now

Well, sorry for not giving more data… and since Dexter did a good job in completing it, I'll just add a last thing.

Terminal is the console where to enter commands (to work on command line)
You'll find it in the utilities… just double-click on it to open it
Then you'll get a little window on your desktop…
On it will be something like :

*Last login: Sat Feb 12 15:12:05 on console
iMac-de-Bill:~ Bill$
*
Bill here would be your name, and, after the semi-colomn; ~ means 'home directory' (generally where you are at the beginning) and it always finishes with $
you enter whatever command just after that $.

continuing with the commands, and to shut freenet.
It goes this way:

1) same as previous, go to your Freenet Folder from terminal: <cd /path to it>

2) press next line key

3) enter:  ./run.sh stop

4) press next line key

Be very meticulous in entering (and spelling) any command, it only accepts perfect ones… and also, restrain to fidlle around (just to experiment!), since Terminal is one of the most powerfull tool you could find on a computer.

I may also add that as soon as freenet is on (you'll see its movements in and out of the net on LittleSnitch monitor), but you'll have to open
your browser and enter this address:  http://127.0.0.1:8888/

_To Dexter,_ and concerning the rabbit, yes it is a new little "plus" to Freenet (since only few versions), and very useful may I add.