Le 06/05/11 12:04, Jelbert Holtrop a écrit :
Hi,

Finally got my 50/50Mbit fiber. I would like to start a seed node but what kind
of
cpu load could I expect from that? Can I use this node also for my regular
freenet?
I was planning to use a mac mini C2D 1.83GHz.

The ip of my node is assigned by dhcp and if the modem is powered off it gets a
new ip. If that could be a probelem are there any solutions for that?

Regards,
Jelbert

Hi,
just concerning your remark about IP changes, this is not a problem, just get a Dyndns (free) account. Then, your Dyndns IP will appear for the people to find you (always the same) and they will be forwarded
to you through Dyndns services.