Is it Windows or an antivirus program?  There was a known issue with
Kaspersky flag it falsely as a virus.  Windows security might be doing
similar.  As far as the antivirus software is concerned Freenet behaves
similarly as a "worm" as in it connects to other computers.  Is there an
option to override?

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:48 PM, <no-re...@uservoice.com> wrote:

>    Customer Feedback for Freenet Project Inc.  freenet.uservoice.com
>  [image: Message_24] New message: Bug Report
>       *<hbcark...@earthlink.net>* sent a message from
> https%3A%2F%2Ffreenet.uservoice.com%2Fforums%2F8861-general
>
> I donated and went to download your freenet program. Windows is telling me
> it is unsafe and doesn't appear to allow the download...
>
> What's up?
>
> Thanks
>
> IE 9.0 (Windows Vista)
>
>  [image: powered by UserVoice] <http://uservoice.com>

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death,
your right to say it. - Voltaire
Those who would give up Liberty, to purchase temporary Safety, deserve
neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin