On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 17:50:36 +0100, Matthew Toseland wrote:
> On Friday 02 Sep 2011 15:34:30 Dennis Nezic wrote:

> > > Well what are they doing then? Still running the requests? This
> > > is a fundamental problem with fetching stuff over HTTP from
> > > Freenet with a low timeout - if your tool moves on to add more
> > > requests, the old requests haven't failed, they are still going.
> >
> > They will go on forever? Fproxy will never close them? (Sounds
> > pretty easy to DDOS that?) And why didn't this happen before?
>
> No, they go on until they complete. There is a limit on the total
> number of connections handling requests, iirc the default is 100.

Well, I just checked -- all the 80 connections that were opened a week
ago are still open and still in CLOSE_WAIT. What does "until they
complete" mean? Also, if I kept my wget spider running, it could easily
use 213 or over, like it did when I first reported the problem, and
eventually not let me back into fproxy :s. How does that fit into the
100 request limit?

(Why isn't there a time limit, or an hop-limit again?)

> > > Having said that it may eventually be possible to detect
> > > connection closed - in 0.5 there was a hack for it.
> >
> > I think tcp's CLOSE_WAIT means fproxy should have already gotten a
> > "close" signal, no?
>
> Surprisingly enough, we are not directly generating TCP packets
> here...

Huh? I meant, (I'm guessing), didn't my wget already send a "FIN" tcp
message to fproxy at some point, which is what put those connections
into CLOSE-WAIT? (a la
http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_TCPConnectionTermination-2.htm ), or
am I missing something?