On Friday 20 Jan 2012 23:08:50 Austin wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:05:02 -0500, Dennis Nezic wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:10:39 +1300, Austin wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > > All went OK until Processing step 2/15, "Setting the Updater up",
> > > which reported "Process execution failed" and asked "Continue
> > > Anyway?". I continued, but every step after that failed.
> > > Cleared out the target directory and tried again, same result.
> > > Can't find any installation log, is there one somewhere?
> > > Grateful for any suggestions as to what to try next.
> > > System is Debian Linux 2.6, amd64 (Intel i7 870), 8GB RAM.
> > > Java OpenJDK 1.6.0_18
> >
> > (Side note: Why isn't there a debian package for freenet yet?)
>
> Yes, a Debian package would be great from my point of view - if I knew more
> about Freenet I might even volunteer to build such a package - especially if
> could install Freenet in the first place ... :(

There is such a package, but there isn't a repository yet. Ximin is working on
it.

> Please anyone, any ideas on where my install might be going wrong? Or where I
> might start looking?

One possibility would be to try installing the proprietary Sun JVM
(sun-java-jre6), but OpenJDK really ought to work nowadays. Dunno, sorry. Maybe
it could be chased up, but would be complicated. Make absolutely sure that the
default "java" is actually OpenJDK (or Sun) and not GIJ - try java -version.