On 02/16/2013 12:58 PM, Dennis Nezic wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 08:18:03 -0000, dissiden...@tormail.org wrote:
>> Hello, everyone
>> Thank you for your efforts
>> I have several questions about freenet's security
>> First of all i would like to notice that there is a lack of
>> documentation on the site regarding cryptographic algorithms
>> implemented in freenet. I wasn't able to find anything about it in
>> the official FAQ
>>
>> What algorithms are in use ? How my traffic is encrypted ? Or it is
>> not encrypted at all ?
>> There is an SSL option in Freenet, what it is for ? Is it dangerous
>> to use freenet without it?
>>
>> As far as i understood, freenet using keys to get access to some
>> information. Each key contains a hash of the file and the decryption
>> key. So when i'm using freenet i'm requesting some file by its key.
>> So what will prevent my ISP to spy my keys and then grab an encrypted
>> file from my traffic ? After that he can use a key with a file and -
>> viola - he can view my information.
>> Is it possible or i'm not understand the scheme ?
> You're not understanding the scheme. Do you have access to
>   https://freenetproject.org/faq.html#hash
> or
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freenet
> ?

Lets say you are a group of 10 men and you want to communicate by
computer and nobody else must know.
You all have to install a fresh freenet on each or yours computers.
Then you must  all 10 meet some place in real life (a bar or club) and
exchange nodes e.g. by exchanging nodes copied onto a cd. That means
each of you must bring 10 cd's with a copy of your node.
Nobody  else must know what you are doing.
Then you have a darknet.
To keep a darknet private you must not mix up with any opennet nodes.
I just try to explain the principle of how you could run darknet in a
simple way.
Please correct me if I am wrong?

--
Denne mail er skrevet - svensk tid: