On 01/07/2014 12:53 AM, Brooks Russell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install freenet on my Mac (OS 10.5.8).
> Java Web Start is telling me
> "the field <icon>href has an invalid value: freenet-icon.gif"
> and is unable to start the installer. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks

A fix will probably have to wait until I can get my hands on a Mac to
test it, but I'm sorry it's not working. What version of Java do you have?

You can download the installer directly instead of using Java Web Start.
See the download instructions for Linux. [0] If you'd rather not use the
terminal you can save the link to a file with a .jar extension, and then
there might be a way to run it with Java by clicking it or checking the
context menu.

- Steve

[0] https://freenetproject.org/download.html