Le 31/10/2015 11:30 , John a écrit :

Downloaded the installer onto OSX. Tried installing. Won’t allow me to install in /Applications because my user is not administrator. Selected another location instead. Then a ton of errors ensure. Very broken.

—
Chris

Hi,
Normally, on os x, you could install this wherever you whish.
For many years, I even had it installed on an external disc.

By default though, it installs itself into your Home directory, but it's invisible.
So, one needs for instance "Invisiblix" to see it.
It is ofcourse always possible to makesomewhere an alias that stays visible.
If in need of high security though, you can put this alias with other sensible stuff in a sparse bundle
or sparse image, protected with a PW.