I think this email was intended for someone else.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Steve Dougherty<st...@asksteved.com> wrote:
On 11/08/2015 05:34 PM, Esther and Ed wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am on an iMac 10.11.1, using firefox. I have paid the registration
> fee and downloaded and opened everything I can find,

There is no fee to download Freenet. Who charged you money? Where did
you find it? It is available for free from the official website at
https://freenetproject.org/

You've been scammed. I would also be wary that whatever you downloaded
is not a genuine Freenet installer and could be infected with malicious
software.

> followed all the download instructions re: java freenet and tried
> hard (to the best of my limited knowledge) to get into the freenet
> but have no success.

If you have both the Apple and Oracle versions of Java installed then I
don't know what this is. (See
https://emu.freenetproject.org/pipermail/support/2015-November/005525.html )

I have brought it to the attention of someone with more knowledge of
Freenet on OS X.