On Thursday, April 21, 2016 03:20:07 PM Moses wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I trust my friend, but still not want them to see my IP directly on
> the freenet web page when I give them my noderef, how to prevent my IP
> display on their freenet?

It is not technically possible to implement Darknet connections without
revealing IP addresses: The purpose of Darknet connections is to establish a
direct Internet connection between you and your friend, and direct connections
over the Internet work by using IP addresses.

We could of course hide it from the user interface, but that would only
prevent inexperienced users from figuring out what the IP is. Anyone with some
technical knowhow could figure it out using standard tools for network
monitoring; or even standard Freenet tools for viewing raw data of Freenet ARK
addresses.

If you are concerned that your friend is malicious enough towards you to
attack you using your IP, perhaps reconsider whether you trust this person to
be a friend :(