Christian Fuchs wrote:
> Hi all !
> just subscribed... and read some of the previous threads... so I think
> this is the right place to post my question:
>
> If I had folders/files which I would like to make accessible via a
> permanent freenet node. Not by inserting, but would it be possible to
> tell my freenet node to index some folders/files, as if they where
> another unencrypted read-only data store ? So the files there actually
> don't go to Freenet's Data Store, also I don't bother other nodes with
> unwanted inserts, but in case I insert a page with links (CHK) to my
> files (outside the data store), people could eventually fetch them ?
>
> Possible with freenet ?
>
> Cheers
> Christian

What you are describing is similar to on demand downloading of frost, but still
not
quite... and the exact thing that you are talking about isn't really feasible
under
freenet, because it [freenet] by definition doesn't keep track of where the
particular
chunk of the file is located.

--
Hi! I am a .SIG virus! Copy me to your SIG so that I can spread!

"None of us are free until all of us are free."
                  ~ Mihail Bakunin