Hi,

I tried what you suggested but with no success. Meanwhile I'm down to
maxNodeConnections=40 and maximumThreads=20 but still the same. I can't get
the page at port 8888 and (also without trying to access that page) I find
these exceptions in the logfile:

java.lang.Exception: debug
        at freenet.support.io.NIOInputStream.read(NIOInputStream.java:319)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at freenet.session.FnpLink.negotiateOutbound(FnpLink.java:637)
        at freenet.session.FnpLink.solicit(FnpLink.java:202)
        at
freenet.session.FnpLinkManager.createOutgoing(FnpLinkManager.java:111)
        at freenet.ConnectionJob.run(ConnectionJob.java:378)
        at freenet.ConnectionJob.createConnection(ConnectionJob.java:78)
        at
freenet.node.ConnectionOpener.checkpoint(ConnectionOpener.java:95)
        at
freenet.node.states.maintenance.Checkpoint.checkpoint(Checkpoint.java:54)
        at
freenet.node.states.maintenance.Checkpoint.received(Checkpoint.java:47)
        at freenet.node.StateChain.received(StateChain.java:177)
        at freenet.node.StateChain.received(StateChain.java:61)
        at
freenet.node.StateChainManagingMessageHandler$ChainContainer.run(StateChainManagingMessageHandler.java:335)
        at
freenet.node.StateChainManagingMessageHandler$ChainContainer.received(StateChainManagingMessageHandler.java:288)
        at
freenet.node.StateChainManagingMessageHandler$ChainContainer.access$100(StateChainManagingMessageHandler.java:207)
        at
freenet.node.StateChainManagingMessageHandler.handle(StateChainManagingMessageHandler.java:99)
        at freenet.Ticker$Event.run(Ticker.java:325)
        at
freenet.thread.YThreadFactory$YThread.run(YThreadFactory.java:285)
23.11.2005 08:23:46
(freenet.node.http.DistributionServlet$DistributionRequest, YThread-22,
NORMAL): RouteNotFound Fetching (running)
freenet:CHK at 7fWN2TWdHoIODoxCeD1OebVdUB8QAwI,uLq58BoeKATpIJFa8PCiJA as
freenet.exe for DistributionServlet
23.11.2005 08:23:49 (freenet.support.io.NIOInputStream, YThread-41, NORMAL):
waited more than 120000ms in NIOIS.read() tcp/connection:
52489>85.76.130.228:3768,freenet.transport.tcpConnection at
1e28fe3:freenet.support.io.NIOInputStream at 154a2e6-
closing