Shane Hare wrote:
> Hi,
>

> After starting freenet, I find that within a short space of time, my
> internet connection no longer works. It appears that the modem is still
> connected and able to send information, but does not appear to receive
> any information. This results in my internet connection becoming
> unuseable. The only way to reconnect is to perform a reset on the modem
> and re-initialise it. I cannot just disconnect and re-connect.
>

> I have tried changing the max number of connections as low as 10, but
> this does not improve the situation. Also, I have noticed that if I surf
> the www internet, the modem does not have any problems (even though
> freenet is connected)
>

> My system is a WinXP Pro OS, Athlon XP 2000 Processor, 768Mb RAM, I have
> over 20Gb free storage. My modem is a Sagem F at st800, connected to 1Mb
> broadband ADSL.

I had something simmilar before switching ISP, for me it's DNS that was going
down when
Freenet was on (or other P2P apps). To test it try and see if when you have the
problem
again you can access http://216.239.59.103/ if you can then it's dns, if not
then it's
completely different problem. (Note: sometimes after running for a long time i
couldn't
even access ip addresses directly any longer, so do it as soon as the problem
begins).

--

===
Contact details:
Alt e-mail: k0324474 at kingston.ac.uk
ICQ: 253627744
Frost: VolodyA! V A at r0pa7z7JA1hAf2xtTt7AKLRe+yw
pm4pigs: VolodyA! V A at cbp7LznKx9JltftFQSSc2QVKhzc,5T0rxHZ7rar4uOtnHlSY5A
Forum: ethical_anarhist on www.kingstonuniversity.org

Please visit http://www.whengendarmesleeps.org/
    When Gendarme Sleeps - Anarchy's Zine of Poetry

"None of us are free until all of us are free."
                  ~ Mihail Bakunin