I have used Freenet successfully since 0.5's release on my non-X linux machine.
I tried to install the new 0.7 alpha on the machine, but it won't install
because I don't have X.

I only access this machine via SSH (it's headless), so installing X would be a
lot of work for nothing.

Is X required to run Freenet now? Or is it only the installer that requires X?
Is there a non-X version of the installer (ncurses maybe?)?

If it's important, here's what java -version says:
java version "1.5.0_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_01-b08)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_01-b08, mixed mode, sharing)

Thanks.

--
Freedom is slavery.