On Wednesday 23 August 2006 15:19, Matthew Toseland wrote:

> - Don't start the updater if the wrapper is broken

I have problems with this one.  I do not run the wrapper - I do want freenet to
download new stable versions and then quit.
I have the java command that starts freenet in a loop and this suffices to
update freenet with much of the wrapper's complexity.
It worked fine.

I would not object to an 'are you sure' message but to block the operation is
not reasonable.  Without the wrapper its reasonable
for someone to want freenet to download new jars and prep them for execution
when the user restarts.

Why do we _need_ this reduced flexibility?

Ed