Thank you for trying Freenet. Making Freenet work fully on Windows 98
would require significant effort. Windows 98 is no longer maintained by
Microsoft even for critical security fixes. Running security software on
top of an unmaintained (and therefore seriously insecure) operating
system is self-defeating, although the risk can be reduced by not
running IE and Outlook Express, running an anti-virus, and hiding behind
a firewall. Nonetheless it is not behaviour we want to encourage. I
recommend you either buy a copy of Windows XP or install linux
(Ubuntu/Mandrake/etc).