I have tried about a half-dozen times to use Freenet 0.7 by reinstalling
and setting up a new darknet eash time. It installs fine. It runs fine. But
I can't restart the node once it has closed. This is necessary as I have to
restart my computer from time to time. I read somewhere online that Freenet
should restart automatically with your computer, but mine doesn't. The
problem is probably me. I know nothing about Unix or programming. I don't
think I'm entering in the right command-line code. I have been desperately
searching the internet for the proper procedure, but as little Freenet info
is out there, there is virtually none for OSX. I have managed to find a few
hits, tried them and variations on them to no avail. I find that allot of
Unix explanations on the net are very incomplete. They say to type
such-and-such, leaving out a piece because they believe it to be understood
and you will fill in the gaps on your own. As, I've said, I know nothing
about Unix or programming. (All of those files and applications bundled w/
the installer and we can't have a simple executable file in the OSX GUI? -
If there is, by the way, it isn't working on mine as I have tried every file
that looked like it could work before figuring I would have to use the
Terminal.) I state this because when I describe what I'm doing I will be
very exact - even knowing that my file hierarchy will be different than
yours. I hope if I am lucky enough to receive a response, whoever replies
will do the same. This is what I have so far:
In terminal type

   cd /Volumes/LACIE/Freenet/0.7 ./run.sh

Terminal responds

[Process completed]

But the Node never starts running again. Browser returns

Safari can?t open the page ?http://localhost:8888/? because it could not
connect to the server ?localhost?.

I get the same response for

cd /Volumes/LACIE/Freenet/0.7 ./run.sh start
cd /Volumes/LACIE/Freenet/0.7 ./run.sh
cd /Volumes/LACIE/Freenet/0.7 ./Freenet start
and
cd /Volumes/LACIE/Freenet/0.7 ./Freenet

Until the last time I tried I would always get "file not found" messages
from Terminal. Now it seems to be doing something different out of nowhere.
Yet, even after several attempts and a long time waiting (as I've heard it
takes awhile to start up) -  nothing.
   Please, please, please someone help! I'm sure I can't be the only one
having this problem. If it runs fine but won't restart then it deffinately
works on my computer. Its just some little  Very basic problems like this
are what will keep allot of people away from Freenet and stunt its future
growth. Many of the future features sound interesting, but until easier
setup and usage can be made available, Freenet will never strive. Most
people don't want to deal with this kind of a pain.
Thanks in advance,
Joe

$771/month*