On Thursday 21 August 2008 12.14.46 Volodya wrote:
> > I then went to the "visit" page, but I did not insert anything in the
> > "Domain" line as I do not know what to insert?
>
> Anything you want. For example if you want for your mail to be
> User at TheCoolDomain.freemail put 'TheCoolDomain' there.
>
> >> For more help about Freemail and other Freenet applications you might
> >> want to visit
> >> http://localhost:8888/freenet:USK at ugb~uuscsidMI-Ze8laZe~o3BUIb3S50i25RIw
> >>DH9 9M,9T20t3xoG-dQfMO94LGOl9AxRTkaz~TykFY-voqaTQI,AQACAAE/FAFS/23/ (not
> >> maintained by me).
> >
> > Did not work, but I have the Freemail site already from
> > the "http://127.0.0.1:8888/"; page.
>
> Strange. 'localhost' should be the same thing as '127.0.0.1'.

I just changed "localhost" to "127.0.0.1" to try to solve my problem - have
now changed back to "localhost".

I have now gotten my short email address ending on .freemail, so that looks
good.

But when I try to "Get Mail" I get an Alert "Failed to connect to server
localhost".
When i try to send I also get the Alert "Failed to connect to server
localhost".

My 3 ports settings are:
Port 3143 Default 143
Port 1119 Default 119
Port 3025 Default 25
I have tried to remove the 143, 119 and 25 as Defaults, but do not know how to
do that - maybe I should just leave it as is?