Sometimes Frost has taken a while to start up for me  too, but I don't know
why.
This mainly happens if I haven't used it for a few months.
One  thing to check is if there is a dialog box warning you about old
versions of keys (I wondered why Frost wasn't starting, and this was buried
behind loads of other windows!), but if this is a new install, then this
shouldn't be the problem.