> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 15:13:11 -0500,
> Dennis Nezic <dennisn at dennisn.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> I should also add that my load averages (uptime) were at 80. I've
> never seen them that high before.

Update: I tried it again, except this time I accidentally forgot to
give it a seednodes.fref. The first attempt, the same thing happened:
after node initialization was completed, after it found update edition
1169, and about three minutes after "Loading FEC lib", the JVM hung.

BUT, the wrapper's second attempt immediately afterwards went further!
It completed all the 6 cleaners (CHK-cache, CHK-store, SSK-cache, etc),
but since there were no seednodes, it didn't connect to anything. BUT
it was still consuming all the cpu!--supposedly not doing anything!? At
this point I turned the logger back on, and to my horror, it immediately
filled to over 70MB, 69.9 of which were errors of the form:

(freenet.client.async.SingleBlockInserter,
  Insert thread for freenet.client.async.SingleFileInserter at 1f4e571(1545),
ERROR):
  Caught java.io.IOException:
    File already freed encoding data
freenet.support.io.TempBucketFactory$TempBucket at 16debe8
java.io.IOException: File already freed
   at freenet.support.io.BaseFileBucket.getInputStream(BaseFileBucket.java:251)
   at
freenet.support.io.PaddedEphemerallyEncryptedBucket.getInputStream(PaddedEphemerallyEncryptedBucket.java:210)
   at
freenet.support.io.TempBucketFactory$TempBucket$TempBucketInputStream.<init>(TempBucketFactory.java:236)
   at
freenet.support.io.TempBucketFactory$TempBucket.getInputStream(TempBucketFactory.java:220)
   at freenet.support.io.BucketTools.toByteArray(BucketTools.java:197)
   at freenet.keys.Key.compress(Key.java:233)
   at freenet.keys.ClientCHKBlock.encode(ClientCHKBlock.java:141)
   at
freenet.client.async.SingleBlockInserter.innerEncode(SingleBlockInserter.java:83)
   at
freenet.client.async.SingleBlockInserter.encode(SingleBlockInserter.java:117)
   at
freenet.client.async.SingleBlockInserter.getBlock(SingleBlockInserter.java:209)
   at
freenet.client.async.SingleBlockInserter.getURI(SingleBlockInserter.java:249)
   at
freenet.client.async.SingleFileInserter.insert(SingleFileInserter.java:247)
   at
freenet.client.async.SingleFileInserter.access$000(SingleFileInserter.java:37)
   at freenet.client.async.SingleFileInserter$1.run(SingleFileInserter.java:207)
   at freenet.support.PooledExecutor$MyThread.run(PooledExecutor.java:190)

I wasn't even able to shut the node down at this point... the JVM first.