On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:58:48 -0400, Dennis Nezic wrote:
> I have seen a couple times my node stall due to exceeding the thread
> limit, caused by an absurd 333 "HTTP socket handlers" (86.7% of thread
> usage). (My node's thread limit is 300).
>
> I believe this is caused by my browser (dillo) making too many
> connections to fproxy. But, nevertheless, shouldn't these threads /
> sockets die after a few minutes? They were all still alive after
> more than 10mins of stalling my node, after which I had to restart to
> get things flowing again.

The problem still exists in 1209. (If my Dillo browser opens a page
with hundreds of thumbnails and no limit to the number of connections
made to the server/fproxy (It probably relies on http server response
codes?), the number of HTTP socket handlers will sky-rocket above the
limit, and stay there. Again, how long are these threads supposed to
last for and why are they even allowed to exist (can't fproxy throttle
the number of incoming connections?). There still do remain a couple
"Pooled threads awaiting work", but the node effectively shuts down --
cpu drops to almost nothing, and all traffic seems to stop.