Michael Shiloh wrote:
syed yaqoob ali wrote:
Hi,

I finally got the openmoko based neo freerunner phone.It's a bare phone nothing comes preloaded.I have some issues .

1)After booting the phone with all the proper hardware(sim / sdcard / batteries fully charge).I tried to make the call it’s poping error dialog with messaged
” Dialer error : with s signature
org.openmoko.phonekit.dialer ”

2) Though it is showing sms count but it is not opening sms.

3)couldn’t open contact book eihter.

Regards

Hi Yaqoob,

I hope you realize that the Openmoko software for the Freerunner phone is still very much under development, and so we expect that most people who purchase the phone are developers interested in developing and tinkering. We encourage you to join the mailing lists (described at lists.openmoko.org) and to help us develop and improve the software.

If you are looking for a stable phone, you would probably be most happy with the Qtopia distribution. For instructions on how to do this see our wiki, wiki.openmoko.org.

I do hope you decide to join the mailing lists. What are your interests and goals with the phone? What applications do you plan to use or develop? What special uses do you have for the phone?

Best wishes,
Michael Shiloh
Developer Relations
Openmoko

Hi Micheal,

I work as a senior embedded software engineer . I have been working embedded systems and embedded linux for quite some time. Openmoko is dream come true for me n my firm as i always wanted a open mobile phone to explore all the possibilities of mobile technology.We have many things on our mind with freerunner + openmoko . We are going to develop many application + utilities + system software . I have just started with phone .I need to prove the basic functionality of the phone .I need to prove everything that is possbile with openemoko. It's not just an single application or something t . I might need to play with kernel for new device driver or play at application level wiht gtk + or other UI option available.

Anyways could you guide me on my issues.

Regards
Syed Yaqoob Ali