I took a look at tangogps on FSO for the first time today and I noticed something odd; my house has sank about twenty meters into the ground!

Was it intentional that ogpsd uses height above the ellipsoid rather than height above mean sea level?

The attached patch brings about the expected behavior (expected by me because (a) it is how gpsd behaves and (b) I'm used to elevation being expressed relative to seal level).

-stacy
*** ubx.py.orig	Wed Sep 17 13:34:28 2008
--- ubx.py	Wed Sep 17 13:35:09 2008
***************
*** 443,449 ****
              valid = 0
          data = data[0]
          self._updatePosition( valid, data["LAT"]/scaling,
!                 data["LON"]/scaling, data["HEIGHT"]/1000.0 )

      def handle_NAV_DOP( self, data ):
          if self.gpsfixstatus == 3:
--- 443,449 ----
              valid = 0
          data = data[0]
          self._updatePosition( valid, data["LAT"]/scaling,
!                 data["LON"]/scaling, data["HMSL"]/1000.0 )

      def handle_NAV_DOP( self, data ):
          if self.gpsfixstatus == 3: