2009/6/15  <fo...@korps-uto.ch>:
> Well, the first time I tried the installation from opkg.org I got the same
> error as with '--force-depends'
>        Configuring libexif
>        Collected errors:
>         * Cannot find package libsqlite3-0.
>         * ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for tangogps:
>                 *  gtk+-fastscaling (>= 2.10.14) *  libsqlite3-0 (>= 3.5.6)

yes, you can ignore fastscaling, it's wrong to be there

the correct option for opkg is:

-force-depends

with only one leading hyphen. run opkg without any options, to find
out what different options do

> *
> My original command was:
>        `opkg install libpixman-1-0  libglib-2.0-0
>  http://www.opkg.org/packages/libexif_0.6.17_armv4t.ipk libdbus-glib-1-2
> libdbus-1-3  libcurl4  libcairo2  libsqlite3-0
>  http://www.opkg.org/packages/0_tangogps_0.9.6-r2_armv4t.ipk`

yes, that should work, with -force-depends

> About the thing with the repo, it looks like it has been moved from
> 'http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/' to
> 'http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/'. How ever, there are
> just a few pkg's in the new folder.
> My second atemd has been replacing the word 'testing' with the word
> 'unstable' in the feed's (/etc/opkg/all-feed.conf; /etc/opkg/arch.conf;
> /etc/opkg/armv4-feed.conf; /etc/opkg/armv4t-feed.conf;
> /etc/opkg/om-gta02-feed.conf;). The result was an unusable Phone with a
> compaining dbus.

be careful just changing things like that, it can cause problems

by the way, the part of the e-mail subject which is inside the square
brackets is intended for the operating system you're inquiring about,
not the name of the list, which is already listed in the address