On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 21:27, Tomas Tintera <tro...@seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I can't find an easy way how to write client application that gets all
> messages from opimd. I tried
>
> mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.opimd /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Messages
> org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.Query '{}'
>
> but this doesn't work when opimd is still in the stage of reading SMSs from
> SIM - it simply returns only the messages that were already loaded from SIM.
>
> There is another tool that looks might help: the signal
> org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.NewMessage, which seems to be emitted when a
> message is loaded.
>
> To accomplish the task, one can thus combine these two methods, ie.
> 1. Start listening to the signal "org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.NewMessage"
> and saving all results.
> 2. Do "org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.Query {}" and save results. Each
> message obtained this way must be checked for duplicity (to prevent the
> situation that some of the "NewMessage" signals were received after we did
> step 1. and before we did step 2.).
>
> My question is: is there any easier way to get all messages from opimd (ie.
> without the need to checking for duplicit messages)? (It would be sufficient
> to wait until all messages are loaded from SIM to opimd and then do
> "org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.Query {}" - but is there any way to figure
> out whether all messsages are loaded from SIM to opimd?)
>

> With regards,
> Tomas Tintera

opimd doesn't read messages from SIM for a looong time. Which version
do you use?
Also, using opimd with mdbus can be problematic. For CLI usage there
is opimd-cli python script in [1] which should do exactly what you
want. It should be available in repo as opimd-utils-cli (IIRC).

[1] http://git.shr-project.org/git/?p=opimd-utils.git;a=summary

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos