Subject: [pfSense Support] Pfsense unable to boot from hard drive
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: support@pfsense.com
Date: 08-15-2005 11:53 pm

Hi!

After a few da! ys of continuous operation, my pfsense
box was unable to reboot displaying these last lines
on screen:

Can't work out which disk we are booting from.
Guessed BIOS device 0xffffffff not found by probes,
defaulting to disk0:

The system just hangs after these messages.

I am using the installer from 0.68.12 iso and upgraded
to 0.76.2.

I ran into this problem twice already.

Thank you for some enlightenment on this matter.

Miles