On 8/17/05, Jason Landry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been running ok since 0.73.8, but I'm having a lot of difficulties since.
>
> I just installed 0.77 and once pfsense starts loading, everthing seems
> fine until it gets to:
>
> "configuring WAN interface..."
>
> it then takes 5-10 minutes before pfsense is fully loaded with the console
> menu.
>
> I made a change to the WAN interface, simply changing the bandwidth
> from 4 meg to 4000 kb, and it took about 2 minutes before connectivity
> to the internet was restored.
>
> I then made a change to turn of SNMP, and at the console I had a
> "tcsetupgrp failed errno=25"
> (a few more notes I managed to jot down were "fatal trap 12: page
> fault while in kernal mode", "supervisor write, page not present")
>
> At that point, a cold reboot was required.
>
> I again had to wait 5-10 minutes for the "configuring WAN
> interface..." to come up.
>
> All of this seems to work fine on 0.73.8, and below on this hardware,
> so I'm at a loss.

Sounds like:

*  Newer freebsd doesnt agree with your wan nic

   or

*  Your NIC supports RXCSUM, POLLING or something other option that
we're trying to activate because the card says it supports it but
somethings not going good.

I would replace the WAN nic with a decent card.   I'm having 0 issues
with 0.77 at all my locations.

Scott