I'm still somewhat working on the shaper and since I've taken about a much needed 2 month break from it, I'm going to have to do a little re-education.

Here's a little info right from the pf.conf man page:

     The hfsc scheduler supports some additional options:

realtime _sc_
The minimum required bandwidth for the queue.

upperlimit _sc _
The maximum allowed bandwidth for the queue.

linkshare _sc_
The bandwidth share of a backlogged queue.

<sc> is an acronym for service curve.

The format for service curve specifications is (m1, d, m2). m2 controls
the bandwidth assigned to the queue. m1 and d are optional and can be
used to control the initial bandwidth assignment. For the first d mil-
liseconds the queue gets the bandwidth given as m1, afterwards the value
given in m2.

In some cases percentages were easier or more "right" to enter, in other cases the KB values were the "right" thing to do...the decision for each had nothing to do with what valid values for those fields were, but what my experience showed as useful.

--Bill

On 9/10/05, Robo.K. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Plan author of TrafficShaper some expanation of use the traffic shaper? Because one thing is theory of HFSC and other thing is filling boxes Upperlimit Real time Link share Parent queue ...?

There http://wiki.pfsense.com/wikka.php?wakka=HFSCBandwidthShapingNotes is some explanation, but not complete.

In boxes Upperlimit Realtime Link share are used three values and once percents and once Kbite/s... What is for?what is what?

Can explain anybody this more complex?

Thank you.