From: J B [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:40 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] NIC issues

the freebsd device name is hme:

The hme(4) driver supports the on-board Ethernet interfaces of many Sun
UltraSPARC workstation and server models. Cards supported by the
hme(4) driver include:

    *      Sun PCI SunSwift Adapter
    *      Sun SBus SunSwift Adapter .( hme. and .SUNW,hme.)
    *      Sun PCI Sun100BaseT Adapter 2.0
    *      Sun SBus Sun100BaseT 2.0
    *      Sun PCI Quad FastEthernet Controller
    *      Sun SBus Quad FastEthernet Controller

As for the Intel Pro - different system - that system I was using 1
Intel
Pro 100 (stand alone), 1 Linksys Fast eth (shows up as dc0) and a 3com
3c509

JB

On Thu, September 29, 2005 12:20 pm, Scott Ullrich wrote:
> That NIC is not supported as far as I can tell.  If you know the
> device name in freebsd please let me know.    Try removing the quad
port
> nic and I bet the single nic will work.
>
> Scott
>

> On 9/29/05, J B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm having issues with the following NIC cards:
>>

>> Sun Quad Fast Ethernet - not recognized
>> Intel Pro 100 - recognized, but doesn't seem to work - used it as my
LAN