On 10/16/05, stephan schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> i am trying to get a (NATed) connection to an external VPN using
> the cisco vpn client. Unfortunately it just doesn't work -
> no connection. I added the port 500 (isakmp) and allowed ESP to pass
> the firewall. But I think there's more to do to get NAT-Traversal
> to work :-(
>
> According to
> http://kerneltrap.org/node/2948
> it is necessary to set up the rule:
> nat on $ext_if inet proto { tcp, udp } from $internal port = 500 to any
> -> ($ext_if:0) port 500
>
> How can this rule be set using the GUI?

This is enabled by default unless you use advanced outbound NAT.
Make sure:
Firewall->NAT->Outbound:  Enable IPSec passthru
is checked.

> I am using pfsense-0.86.4.

Should be working in 0.86.4, I did introduce a bug a version or two
back that broke IPSec passthru, but I believe the fix for that made it
into 86.4 (hard to say, my boxes are usually running some Frankenstein
version).  If you send in your /tmp/rules.debug, I'd be willing to
take a quick peek and make sure the NAT rule is correct.