On 10/16/05, Bill Marquette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Got it, now I understand the problem (makes sense, I was wondering how
it did transparent proxy w/out access to the destination IP:) ).  So
basically, it does a state lookup on the socket connected to it and
figures out what the original IP was based on that.

Exaclty..  It is marvellous to "work" with you.. All you guys are so fast in understanding..

>  Any idea?

Maybe Scott will have an idea why IPFW isn't loading your ruleset.
Other than that, waiting for the p3scan developers to "fix" this.
BTW, if there's a finite number of pop3 servers you need to access and
you know what they are, you can run multiple instances of p3scan, one
for each server and redirect the individual servers to specific p3scan
instances.  Not elegant, but it might work in a crunch.

Exactly what I did.. at least for few  providers.. but it is a very very ugly solution: I am in touch with p3scan guys, but in the meanwhile I would like to fix the problem using ipfw..
I hope Scott could help me in this problem..
Thank you again, very very much.

Tom