Yes of course it would work, it's actually a freebsd system :D
There are actually some problems when I added php4 to my
system(pkg_add), it wouldn't boot up normally, and diverse php errors
occured.
If I were to move the php binary somewhere else, how could I actually
tell the scripts of pfsense to use that version of php ? :D