> > "Warning: no access to tty (Inappropriate ioctl for device).
> > Thus no job control in this shell."

This is a known problem and I am still looking for fixes.  We handle
the console completely different now due to the blasted USB Keyboard
bug.  Not to mention this method is a lot cleaner with exception to
this issue.   If you really need a job control shell, then use SSH.
Otherwise stay clear of option 8 on the console for items like ping,
etc.

Scott