From: jonathan gonzalez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 October 2005 17:57
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] ipsec

Hi guys,

i know that this question may seem to be silly but, if what you want is
to establish an ipsec tunnel in a roadwarrior-fashion why don't you use
any other type of CN?

i mean, use a dyndns name, an email address, etc...

In contrary case you can use OpenVPN, that is not ipsec but will enable
you easily achieve what i think you need.

Just to finnish, 0.0.0.0 is not a good idea because you use ipsec to
setup net-to-net tunnel... Using 0.0.0.0 you likely be a vpn hub that is
something 'weird' from the security point of view.

That's my 0.02€ ;)

Regards,

jonathan

alan walters wrote:

This must have got overwritten when we sync'd to m0n0wall for their
certificate support.  Do a update_file.sh
/usr/local/www/vpn_ipsec_edit.php and all should be well again (I
hope).

Scott

[alan walters]

I copyed that file from the releng branch of the cvs but stillthe same.
The box is isolated from the internet so no way to update it apart from
manually. This still produced the same error. Remote subnet bits cannot
be zero.