Thanks Kevin I think you might be on to something, because when I pluged the WAN
cable from the pfSense box into the switch on the old router it got an IP right
away.

I didn't manage to get an IP from my ISP even after restarting the DSL modem, or
changing the MAC, so I just left the old router in front of the box letting it
forward everything (DMZ).

I would have tested more to see if I could get an IP from my ISP if it wasn't
because, after 10 hours of working great, the pfSense box died completly on me,
so
now I have to start all over. It's a hardware problem not a pfSense problem :/

best regards
Ulrik