I've got to get some nics.

 On e-bay there are  NC3134 and NC3131 Compaq dual nics.

 Can anyone tell me if one model is better than the other?

On 12/8/05, Rainer Duffner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Lee Hetherington wrote:

> I use Intel Dual Port 10/100 Server adaptors with great success.  I
> wouldn't use any non-server-class NIC in my firewall e.g. RealTek,
> Netgear etc.  Look at the hardware compatability on the FAQ.

It should be noted that these Dual-Port Intel cards can also be obtained
(obscenely cheap, compared with their original list-price <G>) in the
form of the Compaq NC Dual cards.
The original ftp.cdrom.com FreeBSD ftp-server reportedly ran years with
one of these Intel cards almost constantly pumping 100 MBit/s.
There's no excuse for using anything from the
vr/rl/sis/whatever-departement for production, when you can get the
fxp-cards by the dozen on ebay for nearly nothing. Heck, nowadays, even
the 32bit em-cards cost less than my very first fxp (which I still have
in use somewhere, from 1996)

cheers,
Rainer