OK so I really just would like to clear up something that's in the posts. I read several (all that were found actually - 11) past post about this and don't want to get blasted like the last fellow so forgive me in advance. I am one of those people that really really needs to be able to access wan ips from the lan interface. I know this has not been supported at all in the past but I found an FAQ that says Yes! It is now. And further looking into Beta version 1:

Disables the automatic creation of NAT redirect rules for access to your public IP addresses from within your internal networks

That would imply there now is support for this.

Should it work with a 1:1 setup now?

Stickng it on a separate interface wont work in my case. I have 50+ servers behind this pfsense (working absolutely wonderfully by the way) and many of them need to talk to each others public ips. I dont need client machines to talk to servers, just servers to talk to servers. I've been using private DNS servers now for the last few months and its really getting nasty. Some of our domains have 50+ host records and having to duplicate their records that point to inside ip's is really getting cumbersome.

I have tried this new beta 1 and its not working. All servers can access outward and their inbound 1:1s seem to work just fine as they always have.

Also my hats off to you on what I strongly feel is the best firewall product out there. All of your pre-beta versions are more stable then any other commercial product I have tried :) Great work! And as a bench mark for you, we have over 600 broadband users, 50+ servers, 200-300 simultaneous dialups, and 25 lan pcs going out only 2 pfsense boxes. Both with multi-wan configs.were using P4 2.4GHZ, 1GB RAM and 512MB CF Cards. Runs like a champ. Were getting ready to throw 2 more boxes in a bridge config and try out captive portal for those 600 broadband users authenticating them with freeradius. :)

Thanks in advance,
Tim Roberts
Broadlink Wireless, Inc.