On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Bill Marquette wrote:

On 4/5/06, Charles Sprickman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just thought I'd share this.  While searching for a patent, I ended up
with an error page that mentioned pfsense:

----

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://patimg1.uspto.gov/.piw?

The following error was encountered:

Connection Failed
The system returned:

     (65) No route to host
The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Generated Wed, 05 Apr 2006 05:39:03 GMT by pfSense (squid/2.5.STABLE12)
----

So the US Patent Office uses pfsense somewhere...

Just thought I'd share that.  :)

Cool.  No chance you're using a transparent squid is there? :)

You know, I did install squid, but did not turn on the "transparent redirect" checkbox. However, when I was logged in via ssh to the pfsense box and another machine was downloading something I saw squid occasionally poking up to the top of my "top" display...

Doh.