I'm tired and I'm making stupid mistakes.  My claim that the fault was
Windoze was incorrect.  I still do not have proper packet forwarding.

I have more data.

If I check the option under system_advanced labeled 'Disable the
firewalls filter altogether', the icmp packets start to go thru (there
is no reply because they are not NAT'd).  I see this as an improvement.

When I turn the firewall back on, the 'destination unreachable' response
resumes.

I'm using ~default~ firewall settings.  No changes at all. I don't read
pf very well; but I don't see a rule here that allows traffic from the LAN:

# pfctl -s rules
scrub on wi0 all fragment reassemble
anchor "ftpsesame/*" all
anchor "firewallrules" all
anchor "loopback" all
pass in quick on lo0 all label "pass loopback"
pass out quick on lo0 all label "pass loopback"
anchor "packageearly" all
anchor "carp" all
anchor "ftpproxy" all
anchor "pftpx/*" all
pass in quick on sis0 inet proto tcp from any to (lo0) port = ftp-proxy
keep state label "FTP PROXY: Allow traffic to localhost"
pass in quick on sis0 inet proto tcp from any to (lo0) port = ftp keep
state label "FTP PROXY: Allow traffic to localhost"
pass in quick on wi0 inet proto tcp from any port = ftp-data to (wi0)
port > 49000 user = 62 flags S/SA keep state label "FTP PROXY: PASV mode
data connection"
anchor "dhcpserverlan" all
pass in quick on sis0 inet proto udp from any port = bootpc to
255.255.255.255 port = bootps label "allow access to DHCP server on LAN"
pass in quick on sis0 inet proto udp from any port = bootpc to
192.168.1.1 port = bootps label "allow access to DHCP server on LAN"
pass out quick on sis0 inet proto udp from 192.168.1.1 port = bootps to
any port = bootpc label "allow access to DHCP server on LAN"
block drop in log quick on wi0 inet proto udp from any port = bootps to
192.168.1.0/24 port = bootpc label "allow dhcp client out wan"
pass in quick on wi0 proto udp from any port = bootps to any port =
bootpc label "allow dhcp client out wan"
block drop in on ! sis0 inet from 192.168.1.0/24 to any
block drop in inet from 192.168.1.1 to any
block drop in on sis0 inet6 from fe80::20d:b9ff:fe02:96cc to any
anchor "spoofing" all
block drop in log quick on wi0 inet from 10.0.0.0/8 to any label "block
private networks from wan block 10/8"
block drop in log quick on wi0 inet from 127.0.0.0/8 to any label "block
private networks from wan block 127/8"
block drop in log quick on wi0 inet from 172.16.0.0/12 to any label
"block private networks from wan block 172.16/12"
block drop in log quick on wi0 inet from 192.168.0.0/16 to any label
"block private networks from wan block 192.168/16"
anchor "limitingesr" all
anchor "firewallout" all
pass out quick on wi0 all keep state label "let out anything from
firewall host itself"
pass out quick on sis0 all keep state label "let out anything from
firewall host itself"
anchor "anti-lockout" all
pass in quick inet from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.1.1 keep state label
"anti-lockout web rule"
block drop in log proto tcp from <sshlockout> to any port = ssh label
"sshlockout"
pass in quick on sis0 inet from 192.168.1.0/24 to any keep state label
"USER_RULE: Default LAN -> any"
block drop in log quick all label "Default block all just to be sure."
block drop out log quick all label "Default block all just to be sure."

I'm using BETA-2 on a wrap 2c.

Thanks.

- --
Eric W. Bates